Dearest MNCS families. We have an important update for our MNCS community.
The MNCS Covid-Coordinators and MRTL Team met this afternoon. We decided that, due to the rapidly increasing Covid-19 case numbers in the region and our heightened caution for safety in our school, additional changes to our MNCS school schedule must happen.
Here is the new MNCS going-forward plan:
- Tomorrow (Thursday, November 19th) regular school day as planned -- this will now be the last "in-person" school day for MNCS until mid-January
- Also, Friday November 20th -- regular school day as planned (as our normal distance learning Friday)
- **NEW CHANGE** Monday, Nov. 23rd through Wednesday, Nov. 25th -- now NO SCHOOL FOR K-12 STUDENTS -- these three days will now be STAFF PLANNING DAYS ONLY
- **NEW CHANGE** Monday, Nov. 30th --- school WILL BE IN SESSION FOR K-12 --- as the First Day of "extended" Distance Learning
- **NEW CHANGE** Tuesday, Dec. 1st --- again, school WILL BE IN SESSION FOR K-12 --- as extended Distance Learning continues
- To summarize, this "extended" Distance Learning period will begin on Monday, November 30th and continue until Friday, January 15th
As educators, we need your help and guidance to prepare our kids and students for these big changes. With tomorrow / Thursday Nov 18th now being the last "in-person" school day for the foreseeable future, please help your child prepare for that. We will do the same. We are already feeling big emotions, missing our students already. Advisors will work to gather materials to go home with kids tomorrow -- we also anticipate a time and / or day next week for families to retrieve belongings from school buildings.
We are disappointed, and we are sad. There's so much more to say, and yet, for tonight, this is all we have to share. Please continue to check emails for further details about plans for extended Distance Learning as we move into that phase on November 30th.
Your MNCS Teams